Friday 19 September 2014

A crafty post ...

Eldest granddaughter is 18 at the end of the month.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do, sort of.  Idea came together when I saw a card made by a friend where she had cut a ring of 18s using a computerised cutting machine.  She was sharing the file but I don't have such a machine so she kindly offered to cut one for me and send it on.  As it transpired she cut me 2 and sent pieces of the patterned card she used to cut them from so I could use them if needed.  I'd decided I wanted to do a pop up box card but with a difference.  I'm not keen on these cards but I thought granddaughter would love one so I set about making my version of a pop up box.  Several pieces of card - no, make that many pieces of card - later I got the base sorted and the decoration followed.

It's a very blingy card.  When you're a very girly, girl and turning 18 you just can't have too much bling - lol!




It looks oval when open but closed it is a circle and it opens as a diamond, not a square.  No measurements, other than the height of 15cm to make it a 15cm square card and, because of the 3D of the flowers I'm not pushing the flaps up to close the card.  I'm also presenting it in a box.  I hope she likes it.  I'm sure she will :)


Thanks for dropping by .....

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: