Sunday 3 November 2013

Think we've ...

... decided on the wallpaper for both hall and lounge.  Also think we know what flooring we're going to be having.   Didn't like the ones we saw on-line in real life.  Actually nothing much like the images but there was a good selection and it wasn't difficult to find something.  Well, not entirely true as it was difficult in as much as there ended up being too much choice!  Price plays a part though and, although the expensive stuff was nice it was outside of our budget with everything we've had done of late and with what is still to come.  There were some quality ones on offer though, which made them more affordable.  Providing they're still on offer when we're ready to buy then it'll be easy to select :)

Having a rest day today, although I upped the minutes on the cross trainer this morning.  Have I mentioned the cross trainer since it was delivered?  Mixed fortunes on that.  I'm using it daily but I'm finding that I can't always use it for as long as I'd like, particularly in the morning.  Nothing to do with lack of breath, although that doesn't help, but more to do with muscle pain kicking in.  I always start with the 'walking' bit.  Do a couple of minutes with that (have increased the resistance since I started), then I do a medium speed cycle for another couple of minutes and finish with a speed cycle for a minute.  Sometimes I don't get the 2 minutes walking bit completed in the morning and the odd morning I've only managed 3 minutes in total.  Not good when I started on 4 and have been trying to increase the time, weekly.  The past week I've managed 6 minutes in the evening, doing 2, 2  and 2 but it's not the evening I've been having a problem with.  This morning I decided to try a different tack.   I started, as ever, with the walking bit but I slowed it right down and it worked!  The muscle pain stayed away but my heart rate and breathing went up, as they should do.  I managed to do 3 minutes walking and followed that with 2 medium speed cycling and then 2 fast - 7 minutes in total and the longest I've managed since I started.  Think it's the way to go, for now anyway.

OK, nothing of note today as having a lazy day so more catch up.  This isn't being done in any particular order.   P'raps it should be but it's how and what I feel like recording ...

February 2013 and I got a strange message via Ancestry.co.uk.  Did I know what happened to the Peter Pantzer on my tree?  No Peter Pantzer on my tree but there is a Paul so I replied saying so.  Turned out that it was Paul the person was enquiring about.  I know exactly what's happened to him as it's my OH - lol!  Anyway, reply made and ... we've found Paul's Aussie relatives!  They're a huge family and he always thought, although he knew of some back in the 50s, that he was the last one of any of his family.  He was told he was the last of his maternal and paternal family.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Paul's Dad was born in Tasmania and he had several siblings.  It was his only sister that Paul knew about and she died, childless, some time ago.  Anyway, the siblings had children and it's those children and their children that we now have contact with.  Lost count of how many there are out there and they're all still in Tasmania.  On top of that there are cousins coming forward from his maternal side and we've recently met a couple of them that live around 30 miles away.  Today an email has been received from another there's been no contact with until now.

In January 2013 I entered a competition to win a photo shoot with a 12x10 print and a birthday party for a certain number of children.  The winner was going to be picked about a week before the youngest granddaughters birthdays and I thought it would be good if I won.  I didn't but the photographer gave a lot of 2nd prizes of the photo shoot with print and I had one of those.  Not wanting to waste it I offered it to youngest son to have the littlies done and so it came about.  The shoot took place early March.  A couple of hours of fun and the youngsters really threw themselves into it.  Well, as with most of these things, we couldn't just stop at one print so we paid for extra.  It wasn't cheap but, because we chose the photographers top option he threw in 6 prints and gave us 2 discs instead of the one.  Once collected and bought home I had to have all the photos in print so the call of the photo book was strong .........
Yep, it was supposed to be the littlies but it was good to have the family - youngest son and daughter-in-law.  Not so good I got roped in :(


There's going to be another photo shoot next weekend - watch this space - LOL!

Thanks for dropping by .....

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: