Sunday 24 July 2011

I'm annoyed ...

... so, Amy Winehouse has died. Is it really any surprise? I feel sorry for her family, of course I do, but I doubt that they are really that surprised either. She was, after all, on the path of self-destruction and her death was probably the inevitable conclusion. What has annoyed me is that her death seems to have over shadowed those poor victims in Norway. Yes, Amy was only 27 years old but the victims in Norway, who had no idea of what was going to happen, were mainly still in their teens and enjoying life. It's those victims and their families that I feel most sympathy for. They didn't court their deaths and they hadn't been out shopping for the instrument of their own demise. Hard? Perhaps, but with all the chances Amy had to get 'clean' and blew them away every time, it's hard to feel much sympathy for her.

The age of 27 seems to haunt me every so often. My one and only uncle, my Mum's younger brother, died at that age. He fought tuberculosis, leukaemia and Hodgkin's Disease (now known as Hodgkin's Lymphoma) but lost the fight in 1959 when I was just 8 years old. Year's later my ex-hubby and I lost a long-standing friend from a brain tumour .... aged 27 (and he'd been to and fro his doc's complaining of severe headaches, diagnosed as migraine!)  Year's later still - just 10 years ago - and my ex daughter-in-law lost her brother, at his own hands, at the age of 27. All tragic, all a waste of young life.

All that can be hoped for Amy now is that she's at peace in the next world, if there is one, 'cos she sure wasn't  at peace in this one.

Following on from yesterday's post there's another on-line magazine that I subscribe to that may be of interest. Can't post as I did yesterday but can post a link.  It's up to you then, how it's read :0)  Find it here ... Stampavie



Thanks for dropping by .....

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Can only agree with you....I'm surprised she lasted this long....she has had her finger on the self-destruct button for years...but still a total waste of her talent and her life.
But, as you say, those needless deaths in Norway are the real tragedy.....in both of these cases, parents are grieving, and that goes against nature.

Mandi said...

I also agree that it really was no surprise that she ended up dying from an overdose. It is just hard for me to imagine a life like hers. I am 27 also and mine and hers are so different. I have 4 kids, an awesome husband, on our kids' school board, and youth leaders. It is sad that someone who God created with an awesome purpose on this earth, choose a different path. And all those poor victims in Norway are now gone because on man felt it was his duty. It is just so sad.

Rae said...

She was a lost soul for a long time. The whole world feels crazy right now. Sometimes I hate to listen to the news reports. It all seems so depressing.