Tuesday 8 February 2011

Spring is in ...

... the air!  Well, it is today.  It's beautiful!  Sun is shining, wind has dropped and since Jack thawed it's become quite mild.  I've visited Dad this morning but didn't have camera with me otherwise I'd have stopped and gone for a walk on the seafront.  Instead I'm going to go this afternoon :0)  Can't miss the opportunity at this time of year and I need to try to get some weight off as it's going on again and I certainly don't want to get any bigger than I am right now!

A few months ago I received an offer from a photobook site I joined - www.photobox.co.uk  I hadn't used them, only to store photos, so they sent me a time limited voucher for a large photo book with 70% off.  Couldn't resist and, wanting to document the African trip I took the offer up.  Despite problems with the internet over the time I was given and thanks to youngest son allowing me to camp in his place for a few evenings, I managed to get it done.  I now have a beautiful, 100 page 'coffee table' book of our adventures.  No room for wording as I wanted to get as many of the 1000s of photos in as possible. Hopefully, in years to come, the photos will remind me of the stories that go with them .... and there were some *LOL*


(Give book time to load fully and click on Full Screen to get the best effect)

Since then I've used another site (another offer given for a free book) to document the Spanish week and now plan to do a year book for last year and start one for this.  I'm planning on making the year books more 'scrapbook' style so reckon I need to get going on learning how to make digital scrapbook pages *grin*  Unfortunately the site I used for the Spanish photobook didn't, at that time, allow for sharing although since then they've made it possible to do so but not retrospectively.

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Rae said...

What a fabulous way to hold on to those memories. That book will give you many hours of enjoyment as you scan the pages. It was a lot of work, but worth every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow Pam your photographs are just stunning, especially the wildlife........you got some great shots of the animals. Going to show Gary (hubby) your book later............he will be so jealous as it is something he has always wanted to do. He will never do it though as he has never flown and has said he never will. You certainly captured a lot of memories for you to look back on in years to come.

Jackie p xx