Friday 12 February 2010

Confused? ...

... not me, Dad, methinks - :0( It's been just over a week since I last called on him. I was greeted with 'Many Happy Returns for yesterday' Hmmm, my birthday was 2 weeks ago, the day after his. I saw him on his birthday and mine wasn't mentioned at all when I left him that time. Today he wishes me happy birthday for yesterday. This is a worry as it was somebody's birthday yesterday .... it would have been Mum's 81st! Seems as though I'm no more and have become my Mum, or more .... his wife! I guess it's good he remembered that it was somebody's birthday even if it wasn't mine *lol* but a bit concerned if he's looking on me as his wife. I could understand that more if I was still calling on him twice a day, 24/7 but my visiting routine is now just once a week. I shan't be seeing him now for nearly a month because I'm off on MY EXOTIC, LUXURIOUS, ONCE IN A LIFETIME HOLIDAY on Sunday! Perhaps the prolonged break will do some good - or confuse him even more. He doesn't like it when his normal carers have a break (as one is at the moment) and that makes him confused, having different people, who he doesn't really know, coming in and out so not sure what he'll be like when I come back but I soooo need this holiday.

Hubby is sort of managing when I'm not around and I'm sure he will get by, even if he has to shout for help occasionally. Just got last minute running around to now and all is ready. Roll on Sunday afternoon!


Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: