Sunday 17 January 2010

The snow ...

... has gone (washed away by a couple of days of heavy rain), the sun is shining and, although not a heatwave, after the temperatures of late it's positively warm - *LOL*

I've caught up with my stockpile of ironing so now I'm ready to sort out my holiday clothes .. 4 weeks today and we'll be on our way! Still waiting for some internet shopping I did, before the bad weather hit this area, to arrive. Apart from one item sent via the normal mail the stuff missing was sent via DHL. Reckon they've got a backlog to clear!

Loads of birthdays coming up as well and need to prepare for some that come along while I'm on holiday - including hubby's 70th! On original dates we would have been back 2 days before that one but, now holiday has been postponed for a couple of weeks, we're away. He doesn't mind, especially as he'll be more incapacitated than he is now 'cos he should have had his op (hopefully and at last!) so won't be able to do much for a few weeks anyway. We hadn't planned to do anything special right away anyway as we're looking at doing something later in year to mark his 70th, our Silver wedding and my 60th next January. At least I won't be away for when he has his op, where I would have been...


Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: