Sunday 22 March 2009

Thought I'd ...

... treat my new lappy to it's own carry case. Had to buy a new one 'cos the ones I have already for previous lappy and other uses (craft bag - lol!) weren't big enough and new lappy is a big 17" wide screen. Went on eBay and found coloured ones! Well, had to have a coloured one instead of boring black but didn't want to spend too much. Found a lovely orange one and it was on Best Offer with a Buy it Now of £17.99. OK, so I tried it on and offered £13! Seller came back with a counter offer which met ½ way and it was free p&p. I'm now a proud owner of a luvverly, bright orange lappy case ..... Lappy fills it so cables etc have to go into the side pocket but I just love the colour.

Speaking of lappy's. Since getting this replacement last Monday I've emailed HP complaining about the service, or lack of, regarding the repair of the broken one. Talk about pulling teeth! All I kept getting was offers of pushing things along, apologies for poor service, thanks for bringing the problem to their attention, requests for details of laptop including serial number (how the heck do I know when I've not got it any more????), offers of info on how to resolve my problem (errrrr?). I just couldn't get them to understand that I have a competely new, non-HP laptop (thanks to the retailer) and that my correspondence was to give them information/feedback regarding the tragically poor service I have had from them. I then got an email giving me a list of contact details for 'my region' and guess what - all premium rate numbers and not one email address to be found. Well, me lost it a tad at this point and told them that if they thought I was going to ring one more premium rate number in relation to this then they were sadly mistaken as all my other calls had got me precisely nowhere and the only people to benefit from them was HP themselves - in their profits - and suggested they gave me an email address 'for my region' instead. Seems they've now passed my 'feedback' on to the relevant people. I am expecting to hear nothing more from them and I certainly shan't consider buying an HP laptop any time soon.

I'd love to know what actually happened to mine though - apart from the fact that, in 3 months and many phone calls later, they were unable to supply a new hard-drive and Comet no longer sell the model - which was a new release just a couple of weeks before I bought it .......

Love this new Toshiba though but ........... it's early days and I'm finding that I keep looking for problems. Think it's called paranoia - LOLOL!

Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colour of your new case Pam...no chance of you losing it anywhere!