Tuesday 31 March 2009

Still not ...

... feeling 100% but definitely a lot better than I was at the weekend. I felt really ill on Saturday morning. Luckily I had the house to myself Saturday so, once I'd been to Dad's I just became a slob for the morning. By the time I had to make the afternoon visit I was feeling a bit more human and the progress has been steady since then.

Builders are in again this week - repointing the west facing gable end wall. Should have taken a photo of my car yesterday but didn't think. Went to go to Dad's and, before I could drive it, it had to be hosed down. It had changed colour completely to a lovely shade of mortar dust - about ½ inch thick!! It's still pretty dusty, even being hosed, so will have to wash it properly but not worth it until they've finished. At least the really dirty part has been done - they're now mixing mortar to actually do the repointing. Bit of rendering to be done as well but should be finished today. Money's not doing anything sitting in banks at the moment so may as well spend it on a bit of house maintenance. Won't need doing again in our lifetime so probably saving us something for the future now, especially as you can get some pretty good deals 'cos people want the business ....

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: