Saturday 21 March 2009

Oh dear ...

... I couldn't sleep last night and ended up getting up at 4:30 this morning. Reason? Nothing to do with the lovely day I spent with friends met via the imag-e-nation forum (Greta and Jackie) We had a brilliant day playing, eating, chatting and putting the world to rights. Made absolutely nothing but - a lot of punching, stamping and colouring attempts were made. I expect to see a spinner card from Greta, a giant chrysanth from Jackie and a completed coloured image (at least one) from me in the fullness of time but ............ I ain't gonna hold me breath on any of 'em - lol!!

Nope, reason I couldn't sleep was the blooming driveway! Got home and thought it was looking nice and then I noticed - a step left where there wasn't one before and ... it was a trip hazard, as well as making life a little more awkward for hubby in his wheelchair! Then I noticed we'd lost a full course of a little brick wall we'd had put in for decorative and safety purposes a few years ago. They hadn't followed the original line of the old drive but had made a new one - which meant potential problems with access because of the 'angle of the dangle'! OK, it's not totally finished but can't see that there's any way of putting right what I think is wrong without taking it all up and starting again. Can't help but think that it would have been OK had they not taken up the concrete that should have stayed.

Anyway, that's why I couldn't sleep. Couldn't shut brain down with it all going round in head and now I'm even more tired than I've been past couple of days and got a headache to boot. Hopefully it'll all sort itself out in the wash and I'll have been worrying un-necessarily ..........


Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

sheffsue said...

A case of non-communication I think. Definitely a hazard to the able bodied and very awkward for hubby. Looks as though it will all have to come up and be re-done....at their expense of course!

Sue x