Tuesday 20 January 2009

I think I got ...

... it wrong - LOL!! Scrappily Ever After had some 40 percent (I will get my own lappy back at some point then I'll have a keyboard without a missing key!) discount days over the Christmas period and I took advantage of it by buying quite a few (actually, 11 of 'em) giant, mega & super giant punches that the flowers in the Susan Tierney Cockburn book use. Most of the punches used in the book aren't available in the UK (some are but not all) so need to be bought from the US. The idea was that I'd get the big heavy ones on the 40 percent discount and buy the smaller ones (which I thought there were less of) on the monthly discount days that they have. I'd marked the catologue with the punches I needed to complete the 'full set' so when I received an email over the weekend telling me of a 2 day discount event (30 percent this time) I thought I'd go through and order the rest ...... Oooooooooops!!! $270.59 later - before discount or shipping - and I realised that perhaps I should have done this order on the 40 percent discount!! Checking with Scrappily re shipping costs before finalising order, they all came within the cost for 20lb weight so, thinking logically - if I'm gonna get caught for Customs I may as well do it the once and have only one PO admin fee and have 'em all sent for the one shipping cost rather than spread the load and perhaps end up paying double of everything - LOL!! Discount still saves me money, pays the shipping and, if caught for Customs, will pay that as well. Bonus is - I'll have all the punches I need .... OK, want .... to make every flower in the book! Now I can just sit back and wait for them to arrive .... No idea where I'll keep 'em when they do arrive but, hey ho, will cross that bridge as and when. How many punches have I ordered?
Eeeerrrrrmmmmmm - shhhhh ...................................... 43 (gulp)!

Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

wintersparkle said...

lol Pam what are you like could you send me a list of alllllll the punches im going to need for the book as ive got the book lol