Friday 26 December 2008

I've really ...

... felt for my Dad these past couple of days. He came with me to see the littlies yesterday morning and he joined the rest of us for Christmas lunch. Today he's spent the afternoon and evening with me and hubby - well, I've just got back from taking him home as he wanted to be back 'in time for the pirate film'! Yesterday, at lunch, he had 'watery eyes' (his explanation) and then got a bit of a grump on. This morning I spoke to him about his 'upset' yesterday and he admitted he was missing Mum and thinking of how much she would have enjoyed it all with the children. This afternoon his eyes have been 'watering' a fair bit again and he says that he 'never wants another like this one'. I know he's enjoyed himself with what he's done but it seems to have made it harder for him without Mum. Perhaps it would have been better if we had treated the 'holiday' as normal days. This one was always going to be hard but, it's been harder than anticipated ...

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: