Tuesday 4 November 2008

Lappy ...

... is no more!! It's died - or rather - new part fitted and it still didn't work :0(( [sob!] Techie thinks that the motherboard was also damaged (although lappy works fine off of battery) and is refusing to recognise any mains power connected. Tells me new motherboard will be around £190 so has said it's an 'uneconomical' repair and he'll do a report so I can claim off the house insurance. He's now in process of moving hard drive into a carrier so I can just plug it in to a PC and use it for the time being. He reckons that even the software may work, if not fully, enough for me to do things while I'm waiting for a new one. May just have to talk to OH nicely (grinning!) in case I need to install some software, even temporarily, on to his PC.

Still, thinking positively, I should soon be the owner of a nice, spanking new lappy. Just need to be sure NOT to get foot caught in lead in future, so it remains on table and not lands up on floor - lol!

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: