Sunday 26 October 2008

That's it...

... the end of British Summertime. Clocks went back overnight but the only good thing about that is that we've slightly lighter mornings for a while. It'll now be dark far too early (already has been) and we'll all be hunkering down preparing for the long cold winter nights - :0((

Not only is it the end of good old British Summertime but - it's also the end of the hot air balloon flying season so guess who's now got to wait until next year for last years Christmas pressie?? Just goes to show what a rubbish summer we've had this year. I've booked that flight 8 times throughout this 'summer' (including an invite to a weekend flight even though my ticket is for midweek only) and every time it's been cancelled and mostly because it's been too windy! They tell me that they've flown over 2,500 people in their 3 balloons this year but they have a handful of people, like me, that they haven't managed to get airborne. I've now got to book a flight for April to keep my ticket valid so here's me thinking that Mum's had something to do with this. It will be the first anniversary of her death on the 8th April so I'm going to predict that will be the date I fly ....... Will be interesting to see if I'm right! Hope it will be a frosty morning one. If I can't have the balmy, summer's evening or the frosty, autumn morning, with all the beautiful autumnal colours I'd like something that will make the flight extra memorable - or am I being greedy for a once in a lifetime experience anyway????

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Budge said...

No Pam you arn't being greedy in wanting something a bit special on your balloon flight. It is so nice to have you posting again really missed your blogging.
Sylv xx

sheffsue said...

Glad to see you back Peejay.

Sue x