Thursday 14 August 2008

More clean up ....

.... and it's all down to not 'what you know' but 'who you know' or, in this case, who've you've got the cheek to contact and ask the question - LOL!! As well as adding the tabs at the top of the blog I wanted a way of reducing the length of the Label part on the sidebar. I didn't want to banish it forever as it can be useful but I wanted the size of it reduced. Found instructions for expanding/collapsing but brain didn't compute - or at least wouldn't (will look again at some point). Instructions I found for a scroll bar wouldn't work 'cos there was nowhere to put the code in the page element box so I decided it had to be a drop down. Problem - I couldn't find instructions, anywhere, for a drop down! Took bull by horns and emailed the really, really nice lady at BlogU (link on my Blog Links tab or find logo on sidebar) and ............ she did instructions 'specially 'pour moi' but - they are on her blog now for anyone's use. Thank you so much Annie and - I now have a drop down for my Label list on the sidebar!!

On the home front - following wardrobe clear out I was left with far too many hangers, bearing in mind that I had too many before the wardrobe clear out, LOL! Not really wanting to waste them and take them to the tip I put a notice on my local FreeCycle site, not for one minute thinking anyone would be interested in over 100 hangers. Admittedly it was a mixture of plastic and wooden, skirt, trouser, dress, jacket and bar hangers but waaaaayyyyyy too many for any normal person, although I was happy for them to be split. Oddly, but very happily, somebody has just collected the lot! A very pleasant young lady who just happens to be a freelance designer so reckon they've gone to a good home and have saved me a trip to the tip tomorrow. I've been amazed at what some people will take. I've got rid of offcuts of carpet & underlay through FreeCycle, not big enough to carpet a room but obviously big enough for some people .......

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

sheffsue said...

Freecycle's great..."one mans rubbish is another mans treasure"...and you were doing the environment a bit of good as well.

Sue x

Liz said...

Thanks for the link for the labels Pam found it very helpful.x